SHH! Let me speak.

Wednesday 20 March 2019




I'm an advocate for any ANTI BULLYING campaign there is. I honestly think there is no place for such behaviour in our existence. In recent statistics, 3,128 people have died in 2017 from intentional self harm, otherwise known as 'suicide' in Australia. It has risen 9.1% from the previous year (2016). I'm a mother, I've seen another mother grieve over the loss of her child taking her own life. I'm a sister, I've seen a brother grieve over the loss of his sibling who took his own life. And over the years, the numbers keep rising.

An experience I've gone through has definitely made me so much more aware at how certain events that could take place in a child's early life can truly impact the rest of his life. In a confrontation that took place, the actions of another seemed to pass off as a 'small and innocent, non malicious' act, however due to the other child's feelings of being violated, it seemed as if it were pushed aside as ''nothing''. Yet I had to firmly explain to the adult that was present that, these little actions that are often overlooked as 'non malicious' or 'child's play' is the reason bullying takes place. For an environment to be able to be safe, it needs more people to be aware of how 'bullying' starts. The things they may neglect and fail to observe may be the reason a child will continue to be a victim to bullying and in this, have already failed to provide a safe environment. Don't protect the bully, protect the victim/s. Like I stated before, I'm an advocate for ANTI BULLYING. 

If the small, inappropriate acts of another isn't taken care of, corrected and straightened out with consequences, just like a virus - it will spread and as a virus takes over, just like the behaviour of a bully until he has taken a victim and that victim is dead. Starts off little, yet small enough to destroy.

Don't be the reason bullying continues, be the reason it stops. 



Love,

Corina Jane (CJM)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS