Never stop HONEYMOONING

Friday 28 October 2016




I came across this quote & absolutely fell in love with it. Through the relationships I have been in, they've either not worked out because a) he got too comfortable b) the spark is gone c) he stopped doing what he used to do to "woo" me. Both sides have to take blame for some of the faults there after all it takes 2 to tango but I found that we were losing ourselves in the process of also trying to juggle work & finances. So I took that as a lesson on what to prevent from happening in my next relationship.

So with my husband, before we got married & we were just dating, I made it a routine of mine to always compliment him, remind him how handsome he is & just casually flirt with him. I tell him the qualities I admire about him & laugh at his jokes (just like you would on a first date - but he's actually really funny) I make him feel confident & sexy. In return, he ALWAYS calls me beautiful (with or without make up) He compliments me on how I look, what I do or even my role as a mother (that's always a "+" because mother's are overworked superheroes - we deserve to be acknowledged) He laughs at my silly ways & does remind me how much I mean to him as a parter/wife. I find that with this set in STONE (I say this term because it has to be firmly grounded in the relationship) It does help when times get rough, it does help with self esteem for myself & my husband. It helps us see the reasons why we fell in love with each other. Now that we're married & this routine still continues, even at times it gets difficult, we still bounce back quicker because we constantly remind ourselves the good qualities that are in our spouse. Yes we are STILL HONEYMOONING over each other.
Mind you, no one's relationship is perfect BUT it's how you bounce back, it's how you get over the hiccup and move on. Though we are only NEWLYWEDS and do have more obstacles to overcome, I feel like because we have established this routine in our lives prior to marriage, it's something that I can see working for us for years. Yes I know, some males do have their little slip ups (I guess we all do) But if you are feeling like you're not getting much attention from your spouse, BE VOCAL. Not in a sense where you're swearing and ripping each other's heads off but tell him/her how you're feeling & make it known. Come at a tone where it's inviting the other person to listen. If you're the receiver, take note on what your partner/spouse is unhappy with & acknowledge. Everyone wants to feel loved & be heard. 

-CJM

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS