Pregnant, Not Married & A whole lot of Judgment

Saturday 29 October 2016


This one hits close to home & I know it does for many others. I'll be truthful here because my personal experience can help many others. When I fell pregnant, the amount of looks I had from people were enough to create another universe. Hahaha. But on a serious note, there were quite a few & I know there were hurtful things said by people who weren't family but who have known me. These people go to church. These people smile at me but yet these are the same people that gave their ignorant opinions of me behind my back because a) I wasn't married. b) I was pregnant. c) I was young (23 years old - which to me I was an adult who can pretty much make my own decisions) 


What did I do? 
I walked with my head held high, showing off my pregnant belly & smiled back.

Why? 
Because my choices are my choices alone. What I have done is between God & me only. And what they see as a "sin" is infact a BLESSING besides, my mother already warned me about these type of people, so basically I was already 10+ steps ahead. I was expecting the smirks, the gossip, the back stabbing & whatever else comes with it. I was even blamed for someone else being pregnant (because somehow I influenced others to have sex) A big huge LOL!

The support I h
ad from family especially my mother was what made my pregnancy a beautiful one because even when I had people knocking me down, I always stood still. 

So, if you find yourself in the same situation - remember; 

  • God still loves you. 
  • Who cares about what other people say
  • Embrace the miracle you are bearing 
  • Everybody SINS 
  • What you do is between YOU & GOD 
  • Stay strong for you & your unborn child

I am forever grateful to have such loving and supportive parents especially my mother, who never forsaken me, instead she shared this joy with me because some girls aren't fortunate to have that. But parents should be understanding when it comes to this situation. This is the time 'daughters' need their parents (especially their mothers) Never abandon them at the time they need you the most because they did something you call "shameful"  after all, we all make our own choices, we all have done things we are not proud of BUT at the end of the day, they are still God's children, they are still the child you birthed & they're carrying a precious soul. At the end of the day, your duty as a parent still stands, to protect them & keep them safe. All you can do is LOVE them, support them & let them know that you're always there. 


- CJM.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS