Omg she did what?

Monday 5 December 2016




I  got married in September. But the way I got married made alot of people think: "Wow that is awesome!" So everyone has their own way of getting married but for me, I didn't see the point in putting so much funds into an occasion which is made for 2. There's nothing wrong with it but it wasn't for me. I am a simple girl but definitely different in so many ways. So my Husband and I settled on an idea of getting married in a court-house with immediately family & lunch at Mcdonalds.  Yes, I walked into Mcdonalds in my wedding dress. The looks I got that day were the looks I expected. Everyone was shocked to see a Bride having Mcdonalds on her Wedding day. But we chose Mcdonalds because it's our son's favourite place to eat and it represents us, being laid back, simple and fun. Definitely not something you see everyday. But it wasn't until a couple of days ago when I put my picture in a public thread on Facebook and the way I got married, that's when it caught the eyes of many around the world. Many congratulated us on the choice we made, others were surprised and even inspired. But in the end, I married my best friend in the fashion that explains us in a nutshell. It was all to do with love, nothing to do with money. My wedding day was beautiful because it was real and that's what made it magical. I can't tell you the feelings I felt being in that room with the closest of people because words cannot describe that wonderful and intimate moment. It was fun & I absolutely would do it over again. No stress. No drama. Just love. 


- CJM  


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS