Project: You Inspire Me. I Inspire You. Let's Inspire Others.

Tuesday 27 December 2016




Meet Jordan!

Location: Australia

Jordan is a very inspiring young man who is passionate about Muay Thai. From the time I've known him, he's always been a friendly individual who's very determined & works hard to get to where he is. He resides in Australia & was more than welcome to share his story with us at Daily Piece of Sunshine.


What's your name? Jordan Rolender

How old are you? 24 years old
When did you start Muay Thai? I started Muay Thai almost 3 years ago.
What inspired you to do this? I have always been fascinated with the sport and culture of Muay Thai and wanted to learn it myself. 
I see you've done some matches, could you tell me about your experience?
I have competed in a few Muay Thai fights, my record is currently 6 wins and 6 losses, with 3 of my wins coming by way of Knockout.
What was it like? Very interesting actually, there is an incredible amount of emotions to deal with before getting in there, nerves and excitement and fear etc.
What are your achievements? I've fought for a QLD Title earlier this, sadly I didn't get the win but I learned a lot while I was in there, currently training for another QLD title opportunity in March 2017.
Who inspires you? Lots of people actually, a lot of local fighters inspire me as well as some international fighters but my biggest inspiration would have to be my former coach Nick Trask from Heart Out Muay Thai.
Do you coach or teach Muay Thai? Yes I do, I've started my own little gym called Macen's Thai Gym which I named after my son who passed away in January 2015. 
What made you want to teach? I've always wanted to teach people, not just for self-defence but for self-esteem and discipline.
What have you learned during your journey? I've learned a lot about the sport and also a lot about myself, this journey has been up and down but it has made me a better person, and I can't wait for the future.
Do you have any advice for anyone interested in this sport? or anyone wanting to follow their dreams? The only thing I can say is if you have a dream, go for it. We only have 1 life, do what makes you happy at all times.


Thanks for sharing your journey with us Jordan. It means alot to have you on board with this #positivemovement with Daily Piece of Sunshine by participating in "Project: You Inspire Me. I Inspire You. Let's Inspire Others." You remind us that if you want to get things done, you have to be determined & work hard for it. If you wish to share your journey with us just like Jordan and many others have? Feel free to email your story to dailypieceofsunshine@hotmail.com
We aim to share our experiences and journey with others who many need some inspiration, encouragement or motivation! Follow us on Instagram @dailypieceofsunshine for blog updates & quotes. Thank you!

- CJM

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS