Can you VICKS me? Down with the FLU - Ah-choo! Bless you.

Sunday 20 May 2018



I don't know about you? But sometimes I get the flu and it'll be in the middle of Summer and now I actually do have it in the appropriate season (since we're approaching Winter) and well... it sucks haha! But this morning, I woke up with no voice (my husband probably loves it because I'm not asking a gazillion of questions haha kidding!) and the last couple of days I was burning up (no, my roof wasn't on fire haha but my temperature was)

But other than that, I can still find things to be grateful for. Even though I'm over the runny nose, I'm still grateful I can smell. Even though I'm over the coughs, I'm still grateful for my respiratory system. Even though I'm over the body aches, I'm still grateful I actually have a 'body' and though I'm over the fevers, I'm still grateful to be alive. There is always something to be grateful for even when your situation isn't very ideal like being sick but I'm also thankful for a wonderful husband who attends to my every need and a son that prays for your wellbeing. I'm truly blessed.

But not only can we be physically sick, you can also be spiritually sick too. Something, I know too well because I've been there but where I am now, I can honestly say, I'm in a better position than I was before. Back then, I only attended church once in a year and though my Faith was there, I did get led away and made some bad choices which led me onto a different path (nothing too drastic). Looking at that experience, my soul was in desperate need of something. It wasn't until I became a mother that my choices started to change and so did my mindset, I wanted to get myself back on track spiritually. I got married and step by step started that work towards being spiritually healed and like what medicine is to physical sickness, living the gospel of Jesus Christ is to spiritual sickness. In no way am I saying that I am perfect but I have definitely learned.


- Corina Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS