I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts - LION KING

Friday 25 May 2018



I remember when someone once called me a "Coconut" in an attempt to throw the racial card at me hoping that I would retaliate but I don't respond to ignorance. If only I could send this person this picture of me, a 'coconut' sipping on a coconut in the land where coconuts grow haha. But I'm writing about knowing which battles to fight.

There's no doubt that the world is filled with all types of people. Though we wish for this world to only consist of good, kindhearted people, in reality it's far from that. But even when you come across people who tend to stir the pot, you need to know where to invest your energy and where it isn't necessary. I've come across people who tend to make other people's problems, theirs. I've watched them wither away in despair, handling something beyond their control. In this case, it was already a losing battle because it wasn't their fight. They've already lost themselves trying to fix someone else's problem. I've also come across people who tend to fight but in the end, it could've been resolved if they had approached the matter in a different way. In both scenarios, if they had known which battles to fight and know when to do so, they probably would've saved themselves, the heartache, the anger etc. I'm not saying in anyway, that we can't help people but we must know when to back down or find another way, when it's affecting us and our mentality or when to simply ignore stupidity (just like I did with the coconut guy)

Everyone has a problem but in some cases, those problems cannot be solved by others but by the one who owns the problem. Not everyone will approach you in a daisy dainty way, so it would be a good idea to learn the art of blocking out ignorance. How you respond says alot about you. Invest your energy on building a better you and the environment around you and not losing yourself to others or even to yourself.


- Corina Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS