I did it, you can too.

Wednesday 23 May 2018



I live for this boy.  Our journey is something that drives me everyday and so I dedicate this post to the SINGLE MOTHERS.  

I've been there in your position and I was raised by a single mother myself, so believe me when I say that I know first hand, as the child of a single mother and as a single mother (before I got married). No one wants to be a single mama but in some circumstances, you have no choice but to be one. And that's when you find the strength in you that was buried underneath the surface. Nothing will seem more important than doing what is necessary for the little human that sees the world in you. You will throw away anything that doesn't serve you purpose because on the top of your priority list is your child. You will have days of tears. Yes. And it can be hard. Yes. But try to focus less on the problems and more on enjoying the days you have together with your child. Don't let them see or feel your sadness. My mother did a good job not letting us see but I thank her for that because I know that if I had been exposed to that at a very young age, mentally I would be scarred and it will affect me as I grew up. Remember that a strong woman is built. I always have people asking me how I became so strong? I'm thinking: "Have you met my mother?" haha. But yes, a strong woman is built. This happens over time by the challenges she faces and overcome, by the sacrifices she has made and will make, by the unconditional love that she has for her family and her dedication in her duty as a mother. She is YOU. You are a STRONG WOMAN. With or without a partner, you need to know this.

The world is a better place because of mothers in general but SINGLE MOTHERS, you have shown the world the extent of a mother's love to take upon yourselves, roles of both a mother and father. My mother has done this, I have done this and so have you too. Each challenge strengthens a person but this experience will not only strengthen you but build you as one of the strongest women in the world. Be proud of this opportunity. Never look at what you are missing but look at what you are fulfilling.


- Corina Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS