Lets be lonely together!

Friday 11 May 2018




Title of this blog comes from Avicii's song "Lonely Together" featuring Rita Ora. (Rest in Peace Avicii) 

But loneliness. What is it? I know many people who have felt lonely, who are single and even in relationships. It's a feeling of isolation, depression, rejection or having no company. Most people do go through this feeling at some point in their life. Is it that we are longing for acceptance? or wanting to be loved? or even gotten used to being accepted and loved, that without it - we are lost?

I was once in a relationship where I did feel this type of emotion. I left the relationship and went looking for something more fulfilling and complete. But in that space of time that I was single. It left me alone with my own thoughts. I knew that if I were to feel lonely and let it fill my life with emptiness and sadness it was because I let this emotion control me. But I wasn't having any of that. I started to direct my focus on all things I was grateful for and that was my strength to feeling completely comfortable with being lonely. I was raised by a mother who made me completely aware of my own self worth and being able to be independent (I thank her so much for that) and being raised that way helped me stay focused and built up my wall alot thicker!

But loneliness, can be a good thing. That's if you know you can be comfortable with company or no company. I've used my experience of feeling this emotion in a relationship as a way of knowing what I don't want in the next relationship. So basically used it as a method of knowing who I want and don't want or how I don't want to make my significant other feel because I know what it felt like. I've also used it as a platform to my own personal growth.

If you are experiencing the feeling of loneliness, surround yourself around your families and friends. People who love you. But know that, only YOU can overcome this feeling. At the end of the day, people go home and go about their own lives. It is YOU that can either take this feeling and let it drown you in misery or strengthen you and make you 1000x better than the person you used to be.


- Corina Jane


If you need to seek professional help, please do. 

Lifeline Australia
13 11 14

Kids Helpline
1800 55 1800



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS